Edington Parish Hall is a character 19th century building that was built in 1885 for use as the Sunday School for the Priory Church. It has a fenced outside area large enough for a small marquee to be erected, The hall is located on the B3098 at the junction with Monastery Road and there is a car park opposite the hall,
In 1996 the hall became a registered charity, and is now run by a management committee responsible for the hiring, general maintenance, and improvements to the building together with the financial commitment this entails.
With a village population of about 760 people of all ages, the hall is used by a variety of organisations such as an Art Group, the WI, Under 5’s, Village Lunches, Gardening Club, Edington Arts and the Parish Council hold their monthly meetings here.
Annual events using the Parish Hall include The Edington Music Festival, The Gardening Club Flower and Produce Show, Charity Christmas Card Sale and Pumpkin Day.
Disabled access throughout
A disabled toilet and baby changing facilities
A fully fitted kitchen with serving counter, an electric range cooker with induction hob, a cooker hood, crockery and cutlery for 50 and separate hand washing facilities. The kitchen extension is fully fitted; it has a large larder fridge with a small freezer, a microwave, a coffee maker (approx.100 cups) and a 10 litre (40 cup) Urn/hot water boiler.
The Hall has a capacity to seat 50 for dining, 60 seated for talks and 80 for a buffet without seating.
The Parish Hall can be hired at a reasonable hourly rate and it is a warm and welcoming venue for family functions, children’s parties, quizzes, talks, charity events, funeral wakes and small business conferences.
Booking the Hall
To book the hall you can use our online booking system to check availaibilty and make a booking (subject to confirmation).