EDINGTON NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH
- disseminate information on local crime and give warnings of specific dangers,
- provide mutual support for anyone who is afraid or in doubt,
- help the police by providing information and intelligence,
- keep the village free of crime by observing and reporting suspicious events.
This can be done by either:-
Dialling 999 – for emergency use when a rapid reaction is required,
Dialling 101 – to report any other incident or concern,
If you would like to be a part of the local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme, please telephone your details to the Coordinator. You will then be included on the Neighbourhood Watch distribution.
NB These details will be retained on Neighbourhood Watch and Police Data bases but will not be used for any other purpose.
NEIGHBOURHOOD TASK GROUP
The Westbury Rural Area – Edington, Coulston, Bratton, Heywood, and Dilton Marsh is looked after by PC Darren Foulger and PCSO Caroline Wright.
They are often seen in the village, one or other usually calls in on the monthly Parish Council Meeting, and they try to attend the Tuesday Drop In, in The Three Daggers, between 11:00 and 12:00 on the 4th Tuesday of each month.
There is a quarterly meeting of representatives from the villages in the rural area to discuss priorities for the next quarter with the police team. Whilst rural crime is very low, the current priorities are:-
- Anti Social Behaviour in specific areas – Bratton /Dilton Marsh /White Horse and the Range Path
- Rural Crime – theft of and from Vehicles/ Theft of heating oil/ Opportunity burglaries
- Traffic Safety – Scooters/ Bikes/ Juggernauts in the B3098
The latest news from the community policing team is shown below.